Criminal Law Outstanding Warrant and Green Card Renewel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittymama

HI i currently have an outstanding warrant in New York and i live in California. In 1994 I was arrested with my Boyfriend at the time for cc fraud. My Boyfriend and I decided to cooperate with the FBI because they were more interested in the supplier. With that they told us that we will not have to worry about the arrest and they released us immediately and we were never taken to jail. My boyfriend talked a few times i believe in calif. with the fbi agent but since i knew nothing about it i was pretty much out of it. Well obviously we broke up right after since i wanted a better life for myself. Well 3 yrs ago i went to apply for citizenship and when i went to INS they told me I had an outstanding warrant for this incident. It was a total suprise since I thought the agent told me not to worry and its been at the time over 10 yrs. and I have never gotten into any trouble. I believe that since the agent was talking only to my ex he might have completely forgotten about me. I do not have any contact with my ex so i don't know what happened to his case.
But my question is I applied to renew my greencard since it's been exp. for many yrs with my currrent husband. He got his renewel about 6 months ago and I have yet to receive mine even though we did it on the same day. I'm afraid to call and wonder what will happen if they don't renew it .would i be shipped out?.. I want to take care of the warrant and have been trying to find the FBI agent but the number i have is no longer working and i can't seem to find my ex. But i will need to get in touch with an attorney but do i find one here or NY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back