Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant out of state warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmurd

A friend of mine's mom is in a bit of trouble. While in FL, she asked a freind to take a loan of $5000 for her. When the loan statement came in, she would hand it over to my friends mon to make the payments. well, inside were check that you can write to add to the loan amount. Needless to say, she wrote checks out and signed the other womans name. The loan is now at $13000. She has an addiction to pain killers. Her family has flown her back to NY for help at a treatment center, but in the meantime, the woman wants to press charges in FL. What kind of charges is she looking at? Will they extradite her back to FL? Can they do that while she is in a treatment center?

I'm not sure anyone can say exactly what will happen but I don't blame the victim for pressing charges. Was there an offer of restitution? Regardless, the act was the commission of several serious crimes.

Sure, addiction is an awful thing, but so is having a significant amount of money stolen from you. The day of judgment will likely happen and I don't think that this person's mom will be able to stay in the clinic indefinitely and avoid jail time, if that is what you are hoping. People are responsible for their actions, although penalties might be dispensed with slightly more leniently in this situation. I'm sorry to hear and hope that she does receive treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back