Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Out of State Sex Offender w/10 year Reg. Req. Expired. FDLE Still requiring to REG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGMAN

I'm from the State of Illinois, I was convicted in 1997 for (Aggravated Criminal Sex. Abuse) Basically Met a Girl at a club, had Oral Sex in my car, Police caught us. Asked for ID. Mine was Real, hers was FAKE! (She was 16) Arrest Report didn't mention that the officer took her fake ID from her, But I was on the other side of the car while he was asking her Questions: The Report does say she lied about her age 3 times to him even though she gave him ID. In the End I took what I considered was a "Good Plea Deal" knowing absolutely nothing about Sex Offender Registration............If my layer would have told me at least what it entailed I would have said No Deal! He said he would mentioned to the Prosecutor that the office never put in the Arrest report that he took her fake ID from her.
Point remains that I took the Deal, well it's been 15 years and I'm still registering! For the simple fact that I Moved to Illinois to Florida. I moved to Florida in 2002, and have a wife and two Kids (9 and 3),I've been a good citizen and the Only issue on my record is this crime. In 2007 I received an Official letter from the Illinois Sate Police, stating I no longer am required to Register in the State of Illinois and there were removing my information form their Registry. I've requested they review my file and the Document I received from the Illinois State Police, and they first didn't get back to us, we tried again and they finally replied with a statement

This is the Exact Statement sent on the letter they replied to me with.

"Mr XXXXX's, your case was reviewed with the FDLE Office of General Counsel, in 2009 at which time it was determined that your Illinois conviction for Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse is similar to Florida Statue 794.05, unlawful sexual activity with a minors, an offense which registration is required."

But no where does it say for what period of Time, how do they determine life registration. The letter doesn't even state a time frame??
I've read the Statue 943.0435, I'm reading it says "excluding 794.5"

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 794
SEXUAL BATTERY

View Entire Chapter

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.—
(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61.

I've read all the "Punishable" and I don't see a Register for life in there?
HELP!!!!!

You should consult an attorney in the county in which you reside. Florida is very tough on convicted sexual offenders. That said, if a remedy exists, it isn't going to be easy, and might require a judge's order and a lawsuit to acquire. Me earth else's, there is no remedy here for you.

One more thing, for your benefit reread your explanation of the sordid event. I'm a judge. If you were before me, spouting that ale, I'd see it as an attempt not to accept responsibility for your actions.

You can't blame a child that you ravished, because children (minors) are blameless in these matters. You also can't blame your lawyer for The deal you accepted. Beyond that, a judge questions and admonishes you on the record in open court before accepting your guilty plea.

You might want to seek counseling. You are exhibiting some unusual and disturbing behaviors.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I guess I do need to re-read my statement, because if that's what you got from it, then it needs work, I do accept responsibility for my actions, it's the after affect that I'm not clear on.....My requirement has expired and I'm still required to register. I've read all that they told me explains why, and I just didn't see it in there? A little confused, with the behavior statement?
I must be unaware of how to read the statue that's all, when I see exclude, it must mean something else in there? Does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back