Other driver's ins. co. will not return calls or requests to fix car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandro33

My car was parked outside of hardware store when a intoxicated motorist crashed into my car. I filed a claim with mine and the other drivers auto insurance. Fortunately, I was able to well document the accident since the store manager let me copy the surveillance video of the whole incident. My problem at this point is my car needs repair and I'd rather avoided paying the high deductible from my insurance. I've sent his insurance emails as well as faxes requesting an appraisal and repair. It's been about four months, and still no response. Any suggestions on how I can proceed?

My car was parked outside of hardware store when a intoxicated motorist crashed into my car. I filed a claim with mine and the other drivers auto insurance. Fortunately, I was able to well document the accident since the store manager let me copy the surveillance video of the whole incident. My problem at this point is my car needs repair and I'd rather avoided paying the high deductible from my insurance. I've sent his insurance emails as well as faxes requesting an appraisal and repair. It's been about four months, and still no response. Any suggestions on how I can proceed?

File with your insurer, and they'll subrogate. That's the easiest way to get your car repaired.

Your other option is to sue her or him after you've paid your deductible.

Just because she said it was her fault, or he agreed to pay for everything doesn't mean he or she ever will.
It often means you'll get stiffed.
Even a judgment from a court doesn't mean you'll ever see a dime.
After you get the judgment you have to then endeavor to collect the durn thing.

But, you live in MA.
MA is one of 12 "no fault" states.
That's why you're spinning your wheels.
Work with YOUR insurer, or else your car will never be repaired!!!!

Take a look at this:

http://www.iii.org/issue-update/no-fault-auto-insurance

Last edited:
It is always best & easiest to let your ins. co. handle/do the work for you.

If you end up paying your insurance deductible you could be reimbursed for it when the other company finally pays.... Or you could sue the other driver for it in small claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back