Parole, Probation oregon post prison time calc question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenewguy

this has never quite made sense to me so i decided to ask here. a long time ago in a galaxy far far away i would up on the wrong side of the law and received a couple felonies. now here's my question. i received 13, 18 and 19 months all ran back to back, they were 2 class c felonies which had a 5yr post prison and a class b with a 10yr. now from what my attorney told me the statutory maximum is ten years from the date of conviction based on the class b. since i was convicted in july 2003 that would be july 2013 as the ten year mark. here's the crazy part. they started the ten years 19 months before my release, not on my date of conviction.

there anything a guy can do about this? i can't find any direct laws stating which order they figure your time in

I don't know which is correct, but the term "post prison" makes me think the clock started on your release date.

I don't know which is correct, but the term "post prison" makes me think the clock started on your release date.

it's the oregon word for parole. i'm not quite sure why you would say that you think the clock started on my release date. it obviously did not based on what i said in the first post and what i'm looking at on paper.

what i'm directly looking for is someone who's aware of how oregon computes their time and if it's correct or can be changed. technically their is the ability to write the board about the issue but without any specific law or rule to cite a letter would basically read like: hey guys, could you shorten this up a bit? your math seems kind of hazy with the time calcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back