Options for disgruntled neighbor

schmoelinn

What are my legal options when my neighbor keeps complaining about me slamming my door to the "Board" & now the "Board" is threatening to fine me? Both my neighbor & I own our condos & the "Board just tells me that My neighbor & I just have to work it out between ourselves. I have switched out the door jam & added a seal to the door frame, even though I am not slamming my door at all.

There are no legal options. The law simply does not go so far as to dictate minor disputes between private citizens over doors. I suggest being more careful about closing the door.

My husband closes doors all the time that I can hear on the opposite side of the house. He swears he's not "slamming" the door. If your neighbor can hear you close a door, then it's not being closed properly. Turn the knob, close the door, then release the knob. No noise.

A doggy door is silent as the little pooch comes and goes.
Maybe you could put in a bigger door for people? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOL, AJ.

If the door really isn't making a slamming noise, then there isn't anything more that you can do. If it is, then close the door more slowly & carefully. A door shouldn't make a slamming noise if it isn't being slammed in some way. I don't know why your neighbor would say he/she can hear a slamming noise unless he/she can.

Back