F Visa OPT denied, Graduation pending.. what are my options..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

askany007

HI I am a student from University of california system, I had applied for the OPT but it got denied on 13th august due to DSO's recommondation was older than 30 days and my graduation requirement is still pending, which me and DSO thought I can complete during my OPT period.Now what are my options to finish my graduation? should I file an MTR? how can at least I can finish my graduation?

It seems you don't really have a legal problem. You need to communicate with the school, possibly the dean of your field of study, and figure out how to resolve the issue. Sometimes schools allow waivers under special circumstances.
It sounds like you just need to finish whatever the final requirement is then submit your application for graduation.

Additional Info

I forgot to mention that I am an International student and when I applied for the POST OPT I got my I20 dates reduced to 31st may 2012.

You don't have to be present to participate. You can transfer your credits to another university, or complete your requirements by correspondence or online. As previously directed, speak with your counselor or dean. Have a safe trip back to your homeland. Use your US based education to help your homeland and her people. Bye bye.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back