Opioid injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Gray

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hi, my name is Nicholas Gray and I am a recovering drug addict from hydrocodone, I had two shoulder surgeries back around 2007 and became addicted to the pain pills i was prescribed at the time. Since then i have lost my house, my job, my credit, i have no money, i need help and no one will take my case, can you please help me? I just found out that it only takes 1 week to become addicted and i was on them for months legally before the doctor just cut me off when he thought i became addicted. Why am i having trouble getting someone to take my case? I just found out a few days ago that it only takes a week to become addicted and I was prescribed them for months and then just cut off. I have lost everything and need help.

Hi, my name is Nicholas Gray and I am a recovering drug addict from hydrocodone, I had two shoulder surgeries back around 2007 and became addicted to the pain pills i was prescribed at the time. Since then i have lost my house, my job, my credit, i have no money, i need help and no one will take my case, can you please help me? I just found out that it only takes 1 week to become addicted and i was on them for months legally before the doctor just cut me off when he thought i became addicted. Why am i having trouble getting someone to take my case? I just found out a few days ago that it only takes a week to become addicted and I was prescribed them for months and then just cut off. I have lost everything and need help.
At that time were you insured? Did you try rehab? NA? Did you take the med's as prescribed?

At that time were you insured? Did you try rehab? NA? Did you take the med's as prescribed?

Yes, it was a workmans comp injury, i was terminated shortly after it occurred. No it took me nearly 12 years to admit i had a problem. Yes i did, i just found out it only takes 1 week to become addicted but i was prescribed them for months, i believe no one is helping because of the statute of limitations but I just found out it only takes a week a few days ago and that's what made me so upset.

Yes, it was a workmans comp injury, i was terminated shortly after it occurred. No it took me nearly 12 years to admit i had a problem. Yes i did, i just found out it only takes 1 week to become addicted but i was prescribed them for months, i believe no one is helping because of the statute of limitations but I just found out it only takes a week a few days ago and that's what made me so upset.
I am currently getting treatment for addiction under the care of a doctor

Your matter would appear to be well outside the statute of limitations. Keep an eye out for class-action lawsuits that might come up in the coming years...

Your matter would appear to be well outside the statute of limitations. Keep an eye out for class-action lawsuits that might come up in the coming years...
How can it be if i just discovered that it only takes one week to become addicted, I am having trouble understanding how its too late since i have just found out information that i previously did not have that changed the focus of my anger from myself to those that knew that but never told me.

How can it be if i just discovered that it only takes one week to become addicted, I am having trouble understanding how its too late since i have just found out information that i previously did not have that changed the focus of my anger from myself to those that knew that but never told me.
It's been a very well documented fact that opioids are highly addictive. It defies reason that you claim ignorance to this.

You've known you were addicted for a long, long time.

It's been a very well documented fact that opioids are highly addictive. It defies reason that you claim ignorance to this.
I knew they were addictive but not that it only takes 1 week to become addicted and i am still in treatment, when does the clock start on the statute of limitations?

I knew they were addictive but not that it only takes 1 week to become addicted and i am still in treatment, when does the clock start on the statute of limitations?
When you discovered (or reasonably could/should have discovered) the injury. You knew you were addicted a long time ago...

I broke my coccyx about 17 years ago. I was on perks for about 3 months...when I stopped taking them (cold turkey by choice) I "suffered" very minor withdrawal symptoms. I dealt with it. It doesn't matter if it's one week or one month...you knew you were taking a addictive drug. The "clock started" when you started taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back