Computer Crimes, Hacking Open investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

My fiances apartment was raided with search warrant. It was a warrant for a fraud lab. Our phones and computers were taken to the evidence vault in henderson nevada. No arrest was made, no charges were filed. However its a open investigation. It has been 9 months. They wont return our electronics. What should i do? Should i be concerned about charges being filed? We were not doing anything, it was all hear say.

If you're smart, you'll let sleeping dogs lie.
You can consult with a couple local attorneys.
The initial consultation is often offered free of charge or obligation.
I've seen cases like these take a year to finally be resolved.
All you can do is wait.
I've also seen things seized by the state, and people having to take court action to get the items back.
In some cases, an attorney can write a letter to the agency holding the property demanding its return.
Before you do anything, I suggest you speak with two or three attorneys in the Reno area (Washoe County, to be exact).

Since it is an open investigation, I assume they can keep them until the investigation is closed. If they don't find anything on the phones/computers, I don't know what they would/could file charges against either of you for.

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Charges may be filed in person, by mail or by telephone by contacting the nearest EEOC office. To avoid delay, call or write before if you need special assistance, such as an interpreter, to file a charge.

There are strict time frames in which charges of employment discrimination must be filed. To preserve the ability of EEOC to act on your behalf and to protect your right to file a private lawsuit, should you ultimately need to, hold to the following guidelines when filing a charge.

I'm not sure I see where the OP's situation involves employment discrimination & the EEOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back