Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication open container

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul83

Earlier this week I went out to pick a few female friends for the night. We were driving around looking for another guy. They decided who they wanted and we went to pick him up. I went into his house and asked him if he wanted to come hang out. He had to shower so I went and waited in the car. A few minutes later he came out and hopped in the passenger's seat. We drove to a local makeout place and parked. After we parked, he pulled out a bottle of vodka and a beer for chaser. I told him I am not going to drink and drive and to hide the stuff before the cops bust us with it. He takes a drink anyway. Just as he is doing so, a cop pulls up behind us and walks over to his window. The other guy rolls the window down and the cop tells him to step out of the car. Then the cop opens the door and the other guy drops a beer that is under his foot. I am the driver and I haven't had anything to drink. The beer and vodka is found on the other guy and no one else has any on them. The officer asks for our names and my licesence. Nobody is given a sobriety test of any kind. Our parents are called and we are picked up. The police officer tells us we may get tickets for open containers and he won't give us MIP. I do not recieve a ticket, but the other guy does. What is going to happen.

I live in california

(1) will I get a call or a notice in the mail for the ticket

(2) will my license be suspended or taken away

(3) what is the range of fines, comunity service ect. I may get

(4) will I be able to fight it in court, I have two witnesses for sure (the girls) who say I wasn't drinking and had no prior knowledge that there was alcohol in the vehicle, what if the other guy confesses to having the alcohol without the rest of us knowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back