one more e-bay fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

klangart

I bought a $ 2200 camera of e-bay. I never received the item, Seller
does not respond anymore. He also put the same camera back for sale after 2 days, saying, the buyer ( me ) did not pay, so here we go again. I got $200
back from paypal, to bad for me.
E-bay did send me his phone number, invalid, great.
Has anyone an experience with the seller. Reto Florin from Switzerland???
I am in San Francisco

This is a very bad situation as you said the seller was located in Switzerland, outside the United States.

Paypal will not even try to solve this because it's outside the US... if you read on Ebay they clearly state to be careful dealing with people outside on the country.

The only choice is to open a resolution on paypal on item never received.. it's all up to paypal if they will refund u the 2200 or just give u a portion of it.

Also... try to do a charge back on ur credit card company i know it is difficult to get it back.

My parents had a similar problem. Usually what happens is, they give you a number to a pre-paid cell phone which costs them 10 bucks, then they take it back and the number gets thrown out. Then after you're done completing the transaction, they don't send! It's almost ALWAYS outside of the USA. PayPal might give you anywhere from $20-500 depending on the nature of the sale. If you bought a pen for $10 and they never sent it, PayPal and eBay will probably just throw it out and not pay up. Now if it's a car, then they'll investigate. It takes a lot to make a company suspicious. Lesson learned: don't buy out of the continental US. My parents got about $30, if I remember correctly, for the never-shipped stool they purchased for $75. When you click that "Agree to Terms and Services" it means you don't have much leverage against them if something goes wrong outside of the service they simply provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back