Once a dyfs case has been unfounded and two years later they reopen the same case

C

Civil rights

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Two years ago with allegations of drug abuse and bipolar. The charges were unfounded. Two years later my one daughter school called for Brooke to have therapy. The therapist who I met once for 30 minutes told me she was going to call dyfs to see what the previous charges were and two weeks later she put in the exact same charges. Can they call dyfs and ask them without my permission what the previous charges were and put the same thing in.

Clearly something was said the provoked this action. You need to see where this goes and what action (if any) children services plans to take. You can also instruct your children NOT to talk to these people

Child services won't pursue a parent because of mental illness alone.

I suggest you ask for a court appointed attorney and a court hearing, not a child services hearing. Educate yourself about your rights.

Ok but at this point all they are doing is talking to OP's child and asking for info on other case that was dropped. NOTHING has happened!

I get the feeling that the OP is worried about this spiraling out of control again.
I just think she/he is trying to figure out what to do, IF something bad happens. again.

Back