old traffic tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaslimkat27

On friday I received a notice for a motion to enter judgement against me for a traffic ticket that is said to occur in 1999. Can a judement be issued for a ticket this old? I did not have a license at that time but there was another person with the same name as I who did. A few years ago I was stopped one night by a police office who claimed my tail light was out (althought no ticket was issued). The police office took my picture and said he was investigating someone with the same name as me. The next week my license was suspended because the driving report of this other person was merged with mine. In addition, all the information (such as social security number and driver's license number) of the other person was purged from the record. I tried to fight the outstanding violations but was told I had to apppear in court for each ticket and summons the writing officer to verify I was not the one to which the ticket was issued. When I attempted to do I was told the officer retired and moved to Florida. Is there another way to dispute these charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back