Old Bills - Collection Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shah

I had visited a doctor in 1999 & 2000. The doctor filed the claim with the insurance company and as far as I know the issue was taken care of.
Recently the doctor filed bankruptcy. The accounts were handed over to a collection agency and they started sending me bills that I have yet to pay balances on the doctor visit in 1999 and 2000.
I have no way of verifying those bills.
Is there a statue of limitation in the state of Texas which would protect me from such collections / allegations? If yes, how long is the statue of limitation.
Thanks in advance for your reply...

The statute of limitations that may apply might be a four year statute but I'm not sure when it begins to run or if there is an activity that could toll the statute. It may have expired and you can always raise this issue before this matter potentially goes to court.

Shah said:
I had visited a doctor in 1999 & 2000. The doctor filed the claim with the insurance company and as far as I know the issue was taken care of.
Recently the doctor filed bankruptcy. The accounts were handed over to a collection agency and they started sending me bills that I have yet to pay balances on the doctor visit in 1999 and 2000.
I have no way of verifying those bills.
Is there a statue of limitation in the state of Texas which would protect me from such collections / allegations? If yes, how long is the statue of limitation.
Thanks in advance for your reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back