(Ohio)What happens if my car get's repoed and the engine and is missing........

Status
Not open for further replies.

fellow

Hi! I am having a situation, where, I have an almost brand new car, that is in my Name and My wife's name, and I am am having really bad medical problems, mostly medication costs. I am also going through a Divorce. I know it is a federal offense to take any VIN Number off. Which I don't want to do. I really could use the money by selling the parts under the engine bay. I bought the car from a Dealership and put 15k down cash, plus have paid nearly 9 months of close to $500.00 payments a month. Plus insurance. My question is, what kind of trouble can I get into by taking the engine out and stripping this car, without taking the main VIN number off or any other VIN Numbers off. I have no job and am on Social Security, so wages can not be garnished and I know I would never be able to get any car of any kind from any bank(hence credit would be ruined). I also have no possessions in my name, and live with my immediete family. Hence no bank could put a lien on possessions. Would the bank just suck it up and take a loss or would they proceed with theft charges? Would the incurred lawsuit(s) by the bank who owns the car, be civil, or criminal? All help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Fellow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back