Ohio Renter's Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreeder

I am a college student that has been renting the house I currently live in since May. All together there are 5 roommates. There ARE 5 bedrooms however 2 of them are located in the basement, the 2 roommates that are supposed to live there have not actually been residing here in fear that the basement is actually not zoned for living as there were not even working windows until yesterday. The landlord is never easy to get ahold of and sometimes doesn't return our calls for days. He has entered our premises or allowed other workers to do so numerous times without ever informing us ahead of time. It's terrifying to wake up to your house shaking and numerous men in your basement, and even more terrifying to not know how many people have a key to your house. Not to mention our house is basically infested with ants no matter how much cleaning we do. I know for a fact that he's broken Ohio's Renters laws but I'm not sure how to approach it or what to do about it considering he doesn't take any of us seriously and talks down to even our parents.
HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back