Oh i have so many questions and feel that I need so much help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inafix

I don't want to go through a long dragged out story however I feel it is the only way you can help.

First about a year ago now I found a way to get out of a very bad domestic violence marriage. I along with my five children endured 15 years of violence caused by now my ex husband. I had to go as far as tricking him to return to visit his sister in California in order to safely get him out of the house. I feared that if I just asked for a divorce he would go into a rage and hurt myself or one of my children again. After I got him to leave I filled for a divorce and I obtained a protective order.

Due to now trying to fulfill financial obligations and feed five children on my own, which included payment of the rent. (We lived in Arizona at the time and the temperature can get quiet hot.) The A/C went out and the landlord didn't want to fix it due to the non-payment. We stayed in the home as long as we could but the heat really affects my youngest daughter with her Asthma. So I hired a friend to stay at my house take care of it and our animals while I went and stayed with my Grandmother for two weeks. My grandmother came out to help me get financially stable and since the rent of the home we resided in was too much she helped me get into a house that was less money a month.

A week before I was to sign the rental papers for the new house I went up to see how things were at the old house. Well this person had totally destroyed the home she brought five kittens up to the house and let them crap all over the place and my house was totally destroyed. I told her to get out which she did. I went back down to tell my grandmother and we left that next Friday with all the children my grandmother and my boyfriend to go up to the old house we arrived there late and decided to put mattresses in the living room for the kids and my grandmother to sleep on. In the morning my grandmother and I went to the local store to get boxes and trash bags to clean up the mess.

I came back to the house and my boyfriend told me that CPS came and took the kids. I went down to CPS and they told me that they took the kids because I left them in the messy house. I got the kids back within the hour, but they were not to return to the house. This was ok with me my grandmother agreed to take them to a local hotel to watch them while my boyfriend and I cleaned up the house and moved into the new place.

I thought everything was fine and dandy then I was arrested at work for a warrant. The City Attorney wanted me prosecuted for five charges of child endangerment. I spent the night in jail then was released, I then had to go and meet with the City Attorney. She said I had to appear in court sometime later to either face the charges which included leaving the children "unattended" however my boyfriend is 23 and he was with them. I tried to explain the situation to her but she didn't want to listen and just said I needed to appear in court to sign the plea agreement with is one count of child endangerment, $800.00 fine and some parenting classes.

Since this meeting with the City Attorney in which she assured me that just from the pictures alone I would loose the case and have to do jail time and get my kids taken away. I have moved to a different state to keep my children safe from their abusive father, and try and get them on track and counseling. I sent a letter asking for an extension on the court appearance which the granted for just a week, and I didn't even receive the letter till it was three days to appear. I tried to send another letter they received it but denied my plea for another extension. I have no car and no money to travel down to Arizona, which is more than a three day drive.

Now I have a 2nd degree warrant, and I don't know how to even begin to take care of it. I am still in the middle of a custody battle for my children and I am at a loss as to what to do now.

I know that was a lot of information, but I need help and I need it all out on the table.

Please give me some advice, I can barley put food on the table right now let along hire a lawyer.

Q: Now I have a 2nd degree warrant, and I don't know how to even begin to take care of it.

A: Surrender.

then what

If I surrender what happens to my kids will they go to an abusive father?

Is this something I can fight? I am a teacher I will never be able to get a teaching job if this child endangerment goes on my record.. How can I support my children?

A few things here. First of all you need an attorney.

Are you getting child child support from the ex?

In my experience social services does not remove kids from the home unless the house is in filthy deplorable conditions.

Your kids have already been through alot and if you lose them, they will likely go to dad especially if you are unable to provide for them.

I presume you are much older than this boyfriend, but you really shouldnt be leaving your 5 kids with him. apparantly CPS thought he wasn't a responsible adult.

you need to do whatever possible and get back to AZ to appear on this warrant, and do whatever the courts and CPS tell you to do. You cannot just keep moving the kids from state to state. Dad can always try to prove your instability and try to get custody anyways.

response

no i am not receving childsupport from the ex as of yet, this is still one of the issues needing to be resolved.

I am not moving from state to state let me tell you that I moved in with a family member and for now that is how I am receving help.

What does a 2nd degree warrant mean?

I am willing to sign the plea agreement and the City Attorney knows that.

Yes the person whom I hirred to care for my home totally trashed it. My boyfriend is not much younger than me only by two years, and he is a responsible adult.

I am not trying to be on the defensive side of things really I just need answers.

What does it mean stand for the warrant? What happens? Where do I go to turn myself in? I can't get back to Arizona, I live thousands of miles away and I have no transportation and not enough money to travel that far.

I am in a fix and i want to fix the problem.

Q: Now I have a 2nd degree warrant, and I don't know how to even begin to take care of it.

A: Surrender.

hahaha, way to give advice that she could have easily gotten from the local police or court system. i guess if you're actually a judge that makes sense, however, i feel like the people posting on here (including myself) aren't looking for advice from the perspective of the people that are trying to screw them over in the first place, just my 2 cents

hahaha, way to give advice that she could have easily gotten from the local police or court system. i guess if you're actually a judge that makes sense, however, i feel like the people posting on here (including myself) aren't looking for advice from the perspective of the people that are trying to screw them over in the first place, just my 2 cents

Is there anything in my advice that is wrong?

technically not,
my point was that i'm pretty sure shes considered that avenue, and is looking for more substantial advice

technically not,
my point was that i'm pretty sure shes considered that avenue, and is looking for more substantial advice

Okay, so you acknowledge that I was correct.

Now, what "substantial advice" would you think she might need?

You said you were involved with your ex for 15 years, that means you were 10 when you started dating.

I would be calling around to an attorney in AZ to see if anyone can help you.

Okay, so you acknowledge that I was correct.

Now, what "substantial advice" would you think she might need?

i acknowledge nothing of the sort, i'd say the situation is complicated enough that there may not be one "correct" answer.

as far as advice, i'd imagine she'd want to know why you think surrender is her best or only option, as well as what she can expect to happen to herself and her family, and most importantly, a brief exploration of her options outside of surrendering whether or not you believe them to be "correct".

i acknowledge nothing of the sort, i'd say the situation is complicated enough that there may not be one "correct" answer.

as far as advice, i'd imagine she'd want to know why you think surrender is her best or only option, as well as what she can expect to happen to herself and her family, and most importantly, a brief exploration of her options outside of surrendering whether or not you believe them to be "correct".

She can either surrender or they will come and get her.

Thus, surrender is the best and only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back