Officer wrote Wrong court date on ticket .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee_Doodle

I was illegally stopped by the Milwaukee Nazi Department... I asked officer if I had broken any Laws he said no... Just wanted to know what I was doing driving through an alley... Theres more but I will cut to the chase...

They asked for my personal information turns out my drivers license had expired.. Wrote ticket for license expired.. NO moving violation ticket was given...

But any how the ticket has the court date of the 10th on it..
A couple weeks later received a letter telling of the mistake and the correction... Court Date is now on the 7th....

The letter was not sent by registered mail just plain old first class mail....

So do I have an argument here ????

No Probable Cause for Traffic Stop

"They asked for my personal information turns out my drivers license had expired.. Wrote ticket for license expired.. NO moving violation ticket was given..."

You may have a case for no probable cause for the original stop. In that situation the judge should dismiss the citation for expired license. However any officer worth his salt can come up with probable cause.

Have your license renewed and go talk to the judge. He may just drop the ticket. If not it just depends on how much time and energy you want to expend fighting.

The court date change is correctible and irrevelant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back