Odometer fraud, title tampering, misrepresentation of person

LisaLou

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
We bought a 2008 GMC Envoy w/72K miles off Craigslist in the next state over. We registered it in MI, I was cleaning it out found evidence that he lied about the mileage. I called WI DOT Fraud Dpt. in April 2019, police report had to be done in county of transaction, I have tons of evidence against the defendant of all of the above. In fact all of my info/evidence is being used in the Brown County Case but ours has to be in Marinette County and no one from the Courthouse will return my calls or tell me who has the case, what the official charges are, etc. The guy has been arrested on a parole violation & has been in jail since 6/3/19, huge investigation found he and a partner have been scamming people for two years, about 20 vehicles/month & at the time of my complaint in April ours was the newest and most expensive vehicle. DOT was able to tell me that the vehicle's last car fax update was Feb of 2019 & showed 244,000 miles not 72K. He represented himself as the prior owner on Craigslist, on the phone, on the hand written bill of sale, & tampered with the title having one printed to say in 2013 it had 37,000 miles instead of 87,000 miles on Carfax. I want to take him to small claims court, I know he's sitting in jail, but because it's still sitting on someone's desk & I am not sure what the state of WI plans, I'm afraid if we wait any longer we will be so far down a lien list we'd never get anything from any assets he may have. I doubt he's getting out anytime soon. We paid $5,800 cash. Can I file a small claims suit against him while he's in jail and request money or lien on assets? Please help...I can't get anyone to answer me except for the DOT investigator and the original detective from Green Bay, WI Police. Marinette hasn't been helpful at all and I've supplied them with all of the information and evidence along with Green Bay's information.

Attachments

• Robert+Solberg+and+Joshua+Taylor+mugshots.jpg.png
    Robert+Solberg+and+Joshua+Taylor+mugshots.jpg.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 1
You can sue anyone, if you know where to serve the person.

Your target is sitting in county.

If you want to sue him in small claims, prepare the paperwork, pay the filing fees, pay the sheriff to serve him, off to court you'll soon go.

Good luck.

Back