Odd police behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobman

In my area the police have harassed me with odd things that I have either never done, doesn't matter, or just plain out makes no sense. They seem to get calls from people, think they are 100% legitimate, and respond to them right away. An ex-best friend of mine used to call the police on me for random stuff. So one of the local offices has been out to my house stating the following: "We received a report you…
--are planning on moving."
--are breathing."
--are trying to get your [house] windows tinted."
--are trying to get keys made."
--you're posting signs." [on my own property]
--you practice [x-religion]."
--you're trying to refill your propane tank."
--you're not answering questions."
After which they tell me that it's "illegal", with exception to the first two. They've also told me that searching Lexis-Nexis, having imported games, having freeware games, and that finding the HQ of whatever agency through Google is "accessing classified information" and is illegal as well.

Do they REALLY have to respond to all reports made? Or are they just doing it to harass me? For the record, they don't have a academy.

Have you talked to a doctor about all these things that are happening to you?

Have you talked to a doctor about all these things that are happening to you?

Don't be rude. Weird stuff does happen in the county I live in. Others have had similar problems, including lawyers.

On top of that my ex friends admited they were doing some of this.

Let me ask you this - why do you think these things are happening to you? I don't doubt sometimes strange things happen but every day there is an officer that comes up to you to ask another meaningless question? I can understand if someone called in and said you're growing weed in your back yard and were questioned but I don't understand the question about religion or trying to copy keys. There isn't any reason why the police would want or need to care about issues like that, let alone someone reporting it.

This isn't every day. It's every year or so. The first two were the consequences of having stupid friends. They admitted to it. If someone fabricated a lie for the rest, that would make sense.

I tried to get keys made for my lock box at Earl's True Value and they freaked for whatever reason. They have a locksmith; he should expect people wanting to make KEYS for their own property. So I still don't understand why they did that.

With the religion one I was joking with someone, I thought I knew from high school, one night. For whatever, reason they took it too seriously.

So to answer your question: some could be out right lies and some could just be stupidity on someone's part. I've asked the chief about some of this and his reply was, "We have to respond to all reports made." I was just wondering if someone else could make sense of it. So there are those two possible reasons and the fact that I don't know. That's why I asked in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back