NYS vehicle inspection fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg123

Car dealer runs $1 vehicle annual inspection in local paper/radio ads. Vehicle doesnt pass needs $700 work on suspension. I decide not to have this done thinking this is a scam for fraudulant/unnecessary repairs especially since I know something about cars/drive newer vehicle. Take vehicle to another location it passes without needing any work. Does this prove 1st location was just trying to scam me? Do I have any legal recourse here?

No.
What you got from the first place was an opinion regarding necessary repairs.
You very smartly got a second opinion at another shop.
Just because the second shop passed the vehicle does not mean that repairs aren't needed.

You are right, it is probably a scam... but there is no recourse for you because you do not have any damages.

Car dealer runs $1 vehicle annual inspection in local paper/radio ads. Vehicle doesnt pass needs $700 work on suspension. I decide not to have this done thinking this is a scam for fraudulant/unnecessary repairs especially since I know something about cars/drive newer vehicle. Take vehicle to another location it passes without needing any work. Does this prove 1st location was just trying to scam me? Do I have any legal recourse here?

In VA I have never had my vehicle inspected without them saying something( tire, light bulb, some words I have never heard of lol) needed fixing before it can pass. They try and make a quick buck off of you. Glad you caught yours.

yeah its one thing if its legitimate or needed to be roadworthy and safe. Didnt think I had any options here. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back