NSOPW (National Sex Offender Public Website)

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) is an unprecedented public safety resource that provides the public with access to sex offender data nationwide. NSOPW is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Justice and state, territorial and tribal governments, working together for the safety of adults and children.

Dru Katrina Sjodin was born September 26, 1981, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dru graduated from Pequot Lakes High School (Minnesota) in spring 2000 and was voted high school Homecoming Queen her senior year. She was very artistic and loved playing basketball, volleyball and golf. Dru chose to attend the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. She interned through the university's aviation program and enjoyed traveling as a benefit of the program. Dru enjoyed being a part of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and, through the sorority, worked with underprivileged teens while holding two jobs and carrying a full academic schedule. She was looking forward to a much-anticipated trip to Australia planned for the spring of 2004.

On the evening of November 22, 2003, after leaving work, 22-year-old Dru went missing. An investigation led police officials to Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., who was arrested on December 1, 2003. Rodriguez was a Level 3 Minnesota registered sexual offender who had been released from prison after a 23-year sentence only six months prior to Dru's disappearance. Five months after Rodriguez's arrest, Dru's body was found just outside of Crookston, Minnesota.

On August 30, 2006, Rodriguez was tried and found guilty in Dru's abduction and was sentenced to death on September 22, 2006, under federal law because he crossed state lines to commit his crime.

On July 27, 2006, President George W. Bush signed the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. This act included Dru's Law, which, among other things, changed the name of the National Sex Offender Public Registry to the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW), which provides information to the public on the whereabouts of registered sex offenders regardless of state, territory or tribal boundaries.

The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website

NSOPW is an excellent resource available to anyone at no cost.

If you want to know what beasts and savages lurk near your home, place of business, or your child's school, conduct a few searches. The results you receive will be eye opening, but may save a tender young child from a dastardly act of deviance.

Unfortunately, woefully inaccurate. I put in the address of a school down the street from me and searched a 1 mile radius. Came up with 27 listings, 9 of which (25%) were addresses across town in other zip codes. It's anybody's guess how current the rest of them are.

I don't think I'd round up the torch and pitchfork bearers based on that list.

I don't think I'd round up the torch and pitchfork bearers based on that list

I am reluctant to advise anyone to engage in self help remedies and/or vigilante justice.

If you observe something suspicious, it is safer to report it to any of your local or state law enforcement agencies.

I see the National Sex Offender Public Website as a tool.
A very useful tool that allows you to see what vermin reside near your residence, school, or work site. If I were the parent of younger children, I'd want to know if the sweet, little old lady or man was a convicted pedophile, required to register as a sex offender.

Unfortunately, woefully inaccurate. I put in the address of a school down the street from me and searched a 1 mile radius. Came up with 27 listings, 9 of which (25%) were addresses across town in other zip codes. It's anybody's guess how current the rest of them are.

I don't think I'd round up the torch and pitchfork bearers based on that list.

And some states cannot be searched. I entered my upcoming new address, and received the following message:
This state does not provide geographic coordinates for addresses to NSOPW. Only states that provide this information can be searched.

Back