Nsf Check/sale Of Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAALIFT

I sold a car to a person who wrote me a check that came back NSF. I still have the title to the car. What is the best avenue to get back the car. The person is being uncooperative in paying me for the car.

I'd be inclined to report it as theft to be honest; it's legally your car and this guy has taken it and is now refusing to pay...

Either way, act NOW!

JJ. :)

AAALIFT said:
I sold a car to a person who wrote me a check that came back NSF. I still have the title to the car. What is the best avenue to get back the car. The person is being uncooperative in paying me for the car.

You may want to inform them first that writing an NSF check can result in criminal prosecution and that this is taken very seriously. In addition to pursuing civil remedies you will not hesitate to report them to the authorities for passing bad checks. If you send correspondences that are written and in a certified manner, chances are better that you will receive a reply.

Additionally, you may want to repossess the car. If you sue them in court, you can get a Marshall to assist you with repossession. Unfortunately this is the more expensive route to go but at least you'll have your car and a judgment, which is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back