Notification of presenxce of felons in neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

williambushey

Notification of presence of felons in neighborhood

A pair of convicted felons has moved into our neighborhood. One is on parole for second degree murder and the other is a convicted drug dealer. am I within my rights to mail a notice of this to the other park residents? If I only put fctual information, such as their inmate numbers, offenses, parole terms, etc, is this legal?

Last edited by a moderator:
williambushey said:
A pair of convicted felons has moved into our neighborhood. One is on parole for second degree murder and the other is a convicted drug dealer. am I within my rights to mail a notice of this to the other park residents? If I only put fctual information, such as their inmate numbers, offenses, parole terms, etc, is this legal?

I don't know what you mean by "park residents." I don't see any reason why you cannot send letters containing facts to your neighbors if that is what you wish to do. It is not defamatory and I am unaware how this can be actionable. I'm not sure what the need is to have inmate numbers. What is your purpose in doing such and how did you find yourself in this position?

How do you know the other residents do not already know? Not sure I would want to be sending out letters myself JMO. Discussing it in everyday talk w/ neighbors would probably suffice and spread the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back