notice to debtor of exemptions from levy

Status
Not open for further replies.

james542009

notice to debtor of exemptions from levy
i got a letter in the mail yesterday,not sure what thay want, can any one help me.never heard of the plaintif
thank you very mush for your help ,
thank you againg .

A Notice to Debtor of Exemptions from Levy is sent to a defendant who lost their case to tell them that they will have wages garnished or property seized such as money in a bank account. The Notice to Debtor of Exemptions from Levy should have instructions on it as to what property is exempt from being taken and the Defendant / Debtor needs to speak up to protect their rights against having "protected" property seized.

It sounds like you have a judgment against you in a court of law. My guess is that this judgment might be by default, meaning you didn't show up for a court date. It's possible you were never properly served with process (notice of the court hearing) and you will need to find out more information about the judgment and may need to appeal. First thing is to obtain a copy of the judgment and work from there. If you need, you will have to file an "order to show cause to vacate judgment" in order to get the judgment and case removed so that you can have a fair chance to defend yourself. We can talk more about that if you need it but first you need to get a copy of that judgment - perhaps by contacting the court clerk who can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back