NOTICE ME, HERE I AM, Look, Look, Look, I wanna be a "contenda"!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has received an unexpected endorsement from someone who wasn't always on his side.

Back in 2010, now-retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal was heading up multinational forces in Afghanistan under former President Barack Obama when he was fired for criticizing then-Vice President Biden. But he seems to have had a change of heart, endorsing Biden in a Thursday appearance on Morning Joe.

A CHANGE OF HEART
Gen. Stanley McChrystal endorses Biden a decade after being fired for criticizing him
9:55 a.m.
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has received an unexpected endorsement from someone who wasn't always on his side.

Back in 2010, now-retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal was heading up multinational forces in Afghanistan under former President Barack Obama when he was fired for criticizing then-Vice President Biden. But he seems to have had a change of heart, endorsing Biden in a Thursday appearance on Morning Joe.

McChrystal on Thursday described Biden as "humble enough to listen to experts, who is humble enough to listen to people who serve and have served." "Not everybody will agree with every policy ― nobody ever will ― and that's healthy in a democracy," but "you have to believe that your commander-in-chief, at the end of the day, is someone you can trust. And I can trust Joe Biden."

McChrystal was fired and replaced with Gen. David Petraeus after mocking Biden in a Rolling Stone profile. He has since been critical of President Trump.

The military, especially those with birds or stars on their shoulders, has always been a fan of keeping the status quo. Trump is certainly not the status quo. In fact, he is whatever is the opposite of the status quo. There has got to be a Latin term for that.

Commutatus

AND

Immutatio

Spring into my memory, mate.

Both refer to "change".
That is, IF I still trust my rusty, calcifying brain.

What I find odd about McC's endorsement is that he was relieved of his command for criticizing former VP Biden.

I met McC once, and remain unimpressed.
He wore 4 stars, but from what I've heard, it had little to do with "earning his stars".

The military, especially those with birds or stars on their shoulders, has always been a fan of keeping the status quo. Trump is certainly not the status quo. In fact, he is whatever is the opposite of the status quo. There has got to be a Latin term for that.
Insanis

Trump is certainly not the status quo. In fact, he is whatever is the opposite of the status quo.

Well, no, "status quo" means "the existing state of affairs." Trump is certainly "the existing state of affairs."

If you believe that there is something wrong with "the existing state of affairs" you'll need a Latin term that describes that state.

Back