Nothing close to my case I"ve seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

I have a terrible problem and I haven't seen anything remotely similar to this, amd possibly I'm posting in the wrong forum. If so, please feel free to move my post.

I was in an auto accident close to a year ago. Everyone was fine from the accident, the worst injury was the driver in the other vehicle with a dislocated hip and a fractured kneecap. He went home a few days after surgery. However, after being a home for a few days, he got a blood clot and he died. They are charging me wtih homicide now. I do have a lawyer, but he is telling me to plead guilty to the homicide charge. I just don't think I should. I think there is some question that he might have died from the accident.. am i being stupid? Do I have a case to plead not guilty to this charge? Any and all thought.. ideas,... recommendations would be so helpful. I truly feel like I am at the end of my rope with this. I am a mother of 5 children, have never been in trouble in my whole life, my 39 year old sister died on the morning of this accident, and I did have several glasses of wine and was over the legal limit for alcoho. I'm just soooooscrewed up because of this now. please help. thanks.

Plead not guilty.

Offer to be charged with a DUI and endangerment of others.

But homicide? No. Not your fault. Blood clots came from the surgery, not the automobile accident. It will be a tough fight, but if I were part of the jury, I would see no case for homicide.

You need to hire a new attorney. There is no way any responsible attorney would recommend that you plead guilty unless you have worked out some type of plea bargain. You are looking at hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back