Not sure where this goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VindictiveV

Jurisdiction
New York
I just received a phone call at work stating the local police were at my house. They were looking for my girlfriend's sister, who has local warrants for her arrest which she is evading.
Her sister currently lives in Las Vegas and local law enforcement knows this, but cannot bring her back to NY for non-violent bench warrants.
The police were at my door, however, because she began seeking credit cards out by using MY address without my permission. Is this fraudulent? Is there a way I can press charges that would be serious enough to extradite her back to New York? She is a total scumbag and deserves to meet justice for what she has done.

I just received a phone call at work stating the local police were at my house. They were looking for my girlfriend's sister, who has local warrants for her arrest which she is evading.
Her sister currently lives in Las Vegas and local law enforcement knows this, but cannot bring her back to NY for non-violent bench warrants.
The police were at my door, however, because she began seeking credit cards out by using MY address without my permission. Is this fraudulent? Is there a way I can press charges that would be serious enough to extradite her back to New York? She is a total scumbag and deserves to meet justice for what she has done.

Fraud, maybe.
Can you press charges?
No, charges are preferred by the prosecutor, after a police investigation, or a grand jury indictment.

I suggest you stay out of the entire sordid affair.

Otherwise, WHEN the feces hits the fan, you'll get some blown on you.

If she tried to get credit cards using your address but she was not successful then their probably isn't anything you can do, but you should direct your question to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back