not sure what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moussie

I have been going out with this guy for 2 years now and his ex has been harrassing me for about the same length of time. She is constantly calling me and sending me emails. I've had to change my phone number several times and I'm not prepared to deal with it anymore. At first she said the emails were to "clear the air" betwwen us and be friends and after I failed to respond to them, the emails started getting threatening. She just sent me another one a few days ago and Im sick of it. I'm ready to act on it because its been 2 years and I cant deal with this much longere. I have been advised by family and friends to take her to small claims court and sue for harrasment. I just want to know...is this even possible. If so, how should I go about it? I have never done anything like this before and have no idea what to do about it.

Depending on what state you're in, you can apply for a warrant to be taken out for her arrest for Harassing Phone Calls. You can also get a warrant for Stalking. First you need to go to your local Police or Sheriff department and get an incident report taken out. Then you need to check out warrant procedures with your local Magistrate Court (Justice of the Peace). I'm not exactly sure thought because every state is different.

There should be a call annoyance line. Take down the date and time of each potentially harrassing call. On the third one action may be taken against the caller if it is found that the calls you report are linked.

LOL. That might cause more problems than it's worth though. Sticks and stones may break their bones but knowing how to use the system is that much more gratifying. :D

being transferred

Hi, I have been working for this company for the last 15 years. I worked my way up to become a general manager from being a diswasher. The problem is that about a year ago the company hired a new CEO and I felt that he was not happy with my performance (even though I have never been disciplined for any thing!). Recently, he informed me that he was going to transfer me to another store but I found out that this store is being sold. Is this a way of getting rid of me?? Is it legal for them to do this?? Is there a way fighting this back?? Please respond!!

I thank you in advance....

J. Morales L.

If you are an at-will employee with no contract... he doesn't need a reason to terminate you. This is typical in corporate America -- if you don't have an employment contract, expect the new CEO to fire employees, even if competent, to bring in his new employees who are his guys, regardless of whether they are as competent as the old. Discrimination is an issue if it can be proven, e.g. all the hispanic people are terminated by "coincidence."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back