Not Qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was employed at the time; I submitted an application and resume to a state operated institution. The resume contained details of my experience, qualifications, education, licenses and certificates. A human resources representative called me and asked me if I was still interested in a particular position. I told her yes, so she set up an interview. I attended the first interview and went through the process of answering many questions and discussing my experience, qualifications, education, licenses and certificates. She then explained all the company benefits. She said she would contact me with there decision. The first interview went well. Several days later she called me and asked me if I was still interested in the position. I told her yes and she set up a second interview with the supervisor that I would work under. I attended the second interview where I met the supervisor and went through the process of touring the areas of the building that I would be working in and during that tour I was asked many questions pertaining to the job. Then we sat down and discussed my experience, qualifications, education, licenses and certificates. He said that they would contact me upon reaching a decision; the second interview also went well. A week or so later human resources contacted me and offered me the position. We discussed salary in which we came to a mutual agreement. She stated that I was hired but this was still contingent upon the results of a background check and drug screening. She wanted me to start in three days but I informed her that I would have to give my present employer a minimum of fourteen days notice of resignation. She agreed and rescheduled the starting date so I could meet this requirement. I passed the background check and drug screening. I started the job and proceeded to meet the final requirement of a 180 day probationary period. I completed the probationary period and evaluated on the final day of this period. I was told that I passed and I received an average grade on my evaluation. About seven days later my supervisor informed all the employees that the upper echelon wanted copies of are diplomas, licenses and certificates. I copied and submitted them to my supervisor. One day later, my supervisor called me off in private and informed me that I was not qualified for the position I held. He stated that the associates degree and license I held did not meet the requirements for the job description. He stated that the upper echelon would probably require me to upgrade the license I held within a six month period. He stated he wanted to be the first to inform me and to keep it under my hat. I do not know what the outcome will be if I do not complete this probable requirement. At this time the upgrade to this license is not attainable because I do not meet its requirements. My diplomas, licenses and certificates where stated in detail on the resume that I first submitted at the beginning of this employment process. The copies of documentation that I submitted recently to management were exactly the same as stated in detail on the resume that I first submitted.
At this time I have not heard any more on the subject but I expect to soon. I gave up a good job to move to what I thought was a better job but now it looks like there going to pull the rug from under my feet. Does anyone have any help on this type of subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back