Not legal - administrative question

leslie82

Jurisdiction
California
I'm not sure where else to post this since the forum at the top for forum questions seems closed.

How exactly do you pm someone on this forum? I go to a person's profile or even mine and don't see an option to send a private message. Just wondering if someone can tell me how.

Toward the upper right hand corner of the page you should see an Inbox. Click on it and you should see a green banner "Start a New Conversation." Click on that and put me in the participants space. As you type my user name you'll see a drop down of my name that you click on. Then try sending me a message and let me know the results.

Meantime, I sent a message to Mike Wechsler for assistance as I have had difficulty, too.

I just tried sending you one and it didn't work.

Ask the Big Boss Man, he'll get it working.

You may not have PM privileges or your setting forbid it? I tried sending you message this is what I got

Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: leslie82.

That's weird too because armyjudge sent me a message and I got it and replied to him.

You may not have PM privileges or your setting forbid it? I tried sending you message this is what I got

Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: leslie82.

I was just able to send new messages to you and cbg but I got the same error when I send new messages to leslie82 and army judge.

I can send new messages to cbg, shrinkmaster, txls, betty3, and cynthiag.

I cannot send new messages to leslie82, army judge, ellemd, highwayman, disabled vet.

I updated Mike on all this. May take a while for a response. I haven't seen him here for a while.

I can send to leslie82. Waiting to see if she can send to me. Also sent one to Jack as a test - no problems there.

Received message from adjusterjack & was able to reply.

I was able to send and receive to ArmyJudge and Shrinkmaster. Still waiting to hear from Leslie82.

I was able to send and receive to ArmyJudge and Shrinkmaster. Still waiting to hear from Leslie82.
I replied. I don't get on here too much when I get home. I usually am on here when I get bored at work and it's slow...

I have no way to initiate a conversation. I can only reply to messages people send me.

Appears that we can all reply to received messages but some of us can't start new messages to some of us but can start new messages to others.

I received a message from Mike:

Ah yes. I have to revisit permissions. I didn't allow users to send messages to moderators so as to prevent being pestered incessantly. Allow me to revisit this. It has been an insanely trying week and hopefully will have some good news to share late next week.

I let him know that we wouldn't feel pestered. :)

I received a message from Mike:

I let him know that we wouldn't feel pestered. :)

He's right, you'll be overwhelmed.
A compromise would be to allow those who want it to have it, and those who don't, leave it the way it is.

I'm happy with the way it is now.

A compromise would be to allow those who want it to have it, and those who don't, leave it the way it is.

Good suggestion. I'm on other sites where each member can select whether or not to allow messages from other members.

I have relayed your suggestion to Mike.

Back