North Carolina Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

unioner101

I desperately need some help with this one.

This past weekend I had to fly down to NC to drive my girlfriend's mother car home as she technically resides there (owns property) but has been sick in and out of NJ hospitals for over a year now. I was stopped by the North Carolina State Police doing 86 in a 70. I tried politely to ask for a warning, as I provided identification showing that my job in NJ was a police dispatcher and I was a volunteer fire fighter and EMT. I told the trooper that not only had I received training in defensive driving, but I was an emergency vehicle defensive driver instructor. I politely tried to explain that I was simply trying to pass a 50+ vehicle convoy of US Military vehicles traveling well below the posted speed limit of 70 MPH.

ANYWAY I WAS IN THE WRONG and now I need to pay...

My dilemma is that I have learned this offense carries criminal charges (a class 2 misdemeanor) and 90 suspension. If I am found guilty of any crime I will lose my current job and if I loose my license or am found guilty of a crime I will not be eligible to be hired as a Fire Fighter in NJ, a job in which I have interviewed several times for.

My question is what is my best route to take?
I am 600 miles away. It will cost me a considerable amount to drive back down. Would the outcome be more favorable if I personally appear with an attorney?

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back