Non-rehirable status

Blacklsit

I was terminated by my employer for 23 years due to job abandonment, I was going through some personal problems and which resulted in the job abandonment. This occurred in 2012, I have recently applied for jobs in the same line of business where I was terminated from but have not been hired. I found out that each time a perspective employer calls the HR department they ask if I am re-hirable, of course the answer is no. This is really hurting my job opportunities and I am lost on what to do. I worked for this major corporation for 23 years and now I feel like I am being black listed. What can I legally do about this? Someone please help.

Nothing at all. They are not obligated to rehire you and they are allowed to tell other employers that you are not eligible for rehire.

Maybe you could become an entrepreneur and open your own business, OP.
If you have a couple trusted friends, maybe the lot of you could open a business.

What can I legally do about this? Someone please help.

Really not anything. A former employer can tell a prospective employer anything that is true & in this case that you are not eligible for rehire. There is not anything illegal here.

Back