Corporate Law Non Formal Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetium

Hey there,

I have a internet verbal agreement with someone in Europe stating that we would start online venturing together, sharing 50% of our venture profits with eachother. Sounded like a good plan, he had some good ideas, so did I.

My first idea was a new version of a current business I was already running online, a virtual currency sales website. In the beginning it wasn't much money, so I just took the initiative to run the business entirely. I would provide instant delivery for people by having paypal customized to text my cell phone to wake up at any hour of the day to provide instant service to our customers. I did this for a long time, he didn't do anything but talk to me on the popular Skype voice chat service every other day.

So, I had an idea to hire a coder to build a new system similar to another system I saw online, but of course redefined and better - applied to a whole different website. I took the initiative to search online for a coder who would work for us for a percentage instead of an up front sum of cash (we weren't rich, and still aren't, heh). We found one guy to fulfill our needs after a month or so, I was the one searching of course. Anyway, we have the business setup so paypal and our company takes 15% total, 2.9% goes to paypal, which is 12.1% for the rest of us. Our coder takes 3.75% and me and my partner are taking 4.175%.

Our business has been running for approximately 425 days or so by now, and we are starting to get some nice cash flow, but all the while we still get frauded (virtual currency is not very safe from frauders without proper tools), and guess how many days my partner has contributed to the company since then? 0 days. Maybe a few hours talking about what we should do, but we usually NEVER did anything he said, as our coder just did his own thing anyway, and hated us interfering. It narrows down to me and my coder doing 100% of the work. I easily do 70% of the work, and he does 30% (every year he reworks our entire system and makes a new one).

So, my partner wanted his money that he's "earned" recently, and he wanted it in form of a new laptop. So I'm sending him a $1900 laptop with $200 shipping to him tomorrow morning. This means after he gets this, we are square with what he has been owed. Do I have the right to say "Hey, here's a laptop, you can go do your own business, because you're not helping with this one", or is that not allowed?

Keep in mind we have no formal contract of any sort, and live over seas to eachother. It seems as if he is attempting to social engineer me all of the time. I actually told him on skype that after he gets this laptop, we are even, and he has to go do something else because he hasn't done any work. He told me "i feel betrayed", and that "i'm not going to leave, you can't just kick me out of my own business", acting like it's equally his - when he hasn't put any effort into it. We didn't agree to share our business, we agreed to share 50% of all profits of anything we do. It was an in general statement that obviously has some work arounds - as he got a job in real life, and he hasn't shared a dime of his income with me from that. So what do I do? I feel I have the right to give him the laptop, I said I was going to give him (yes be a yes, no be a no), but can I legally just get rid of him? He's a good friend but I'm sure he's not going to be friendly after this, but that's just showing me he's not the right type of person to work with when he doesn't do anything and expects his share of things.

Thanks in advanced, I know this is a long post, but I'm in a bit of struggle of what to do. My future is at stake, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back