Non compliance of discovery

T

Tina

My boyfriend is awaiting trial and was granted access to all discovery available. But the problem is the DA is full of different excuses and only gave us half of the discovery, and left out all of the important parts. Should we file a non compliance motion? Or is there something else that we can do to force the DA to hurry up and submit the rest of the doscovery?

My boyfriend is awaiting trial and was granted access to all discovery available. But the problem is the DA is full of different excuses and only gave us half of the discovery, and left out all of the important parts. Should we file a non compliance motion? Or is there something else that we can do to force the DA to hurry up and submit the rest of the doscovery?

YOU can't do anything unless you are a licensed attorney.
As long as sweetums has an attorney of record, that's the designated person who'll receive any materials under the criminal rules of procedure.
His attorney will then share with sweetums any and all items of discovery.
Without knowing the state where sweetums is being tried, I can't be more specific about the rules of discovery in criminal proceedings.
Again, I suggest you instruct sweetums to write a letter to his attorney requesting a meeting within the the next 10 calendar says.
If the meeting isn't forthcoming, sweetums might consider firing his current attorney for failure to keep him informed about his case, and failing to not communicate with him regularly. In essence, the attorney-client relationship has failed and is broken beyond repair.

Back