Non Compete

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbucguy

I am a disabled goldsmith that signed a non compete 6 years ago. Since that time my pay plan has changed several times, my hours have been lowered to just 16 per week. To get by I have been doing work for other Jewelers in the area. My employer found out and fired me, and informed me that his lawyer will be in contact with me. I now have no choice but to continue to do work for other jewelers to survive. My only other alternative is to apply for social security disability which I do not want to do.If I get sued for non compete, what happens then? What am I liable for if I lose? What can I do to counter sue? What if I can't afford an attorney?

Your disability and pay plan have no earing on this. If you violated a contract you signed, or are being accused of doing so, you really need to get a lawyer ASAP. Whether or not the agreement you signed is enforceable is a question that only a lawyer who has reviewed the entire agreement can tell you. You have no basis to counter sue. The time to negotiate the terms of the agreement was before you signed it, not after you violated it.

You need to see a lawyer in your county and discuss this with him or her.

Take all the documentation you possess, including g the original contract.

Keep your chin up, those darn "non-compete contracts" aren't iron clad, if they are shown to be onerous.

Plus, when your hours were reduced, it could be argued that Ebeneezer Scrooge breached the contract.

But, not to worry, speak with that lawyer, ASAP.

If you take your social insecurity, not a penny of it can be touched if Scrooge prevails.

But,you need to speak with a lawyer. Yours is a complex and personal issue.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back