Non-compete, non-solicit agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

plslegaladvice

My husband has signed a non-compete/ non-solicit agreement with his employer and is working with client A. Can his employer sue him if he just applies for a job position with client A? We plan to talk to employer before accepting the offer. But can they sue him as breach of contract for applying and going thru selection process? Appreciate legal advice.

As I told you on the other board, this is not something that can be addressed on a message board. We don't know what the terms are; we don't know what is enforceable and what is not. There isn't any law with an across-the-board provision that addresses this - what matters is what the agreement says. We can't read it from here.

As I told you on the other board, this is not something that can be addressed on a message board. We don't know what the terms are; we don't know what is enforceable and what is not. There isn't any law with an across-the-board provision that addresses this - what matters is what the agreement says. We can't read it from here.

"cbg" is spot on, plus, you don't want to share personal information of this nature on the internet via public forums.

You can speak with (or he can speak with) a local lawyer and be told the real skinny on non-competes.

Generally, again, generally they are unenforceable. However, there are specific exceptions.

Per court cases in NJ, they will be enforced if they are reasonable under all circumstances. You need a contract lawyer, who knows what the courts in NJ determine as reasonable, to review the agreements for his/her opinion as to whether they are enforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back