Quiet Enjoyment Noisy neighbor, with high traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

I am a single mother and I rent a one bedroom apt unit.. My next door neighbor is noisy, and has high volume of traffic in and out of her place daily.. She has had issues of domestic violence which has resulted in the police coming on several occasions.. I feel unsafe for me and my child the landlord is aware of this behavior and has failed to address the situation.. Is this grounds for me to terminate my lease early without great penalty???

It might be but generally you need to have a problem, not just a general fear. How are you affected by a high volume of traffic? What do you fear if there was an occasion or two of domestic violence in their home - allegations or an actual conviction? I don't think that what you describe is enough to demonstrate that you were "constructively evicted" from your home, which would mean that you decided to move elsewhere because it was clear that you could not stay in your home. Such cases might include an unsafe amount of mold, the floor being unstable, etc.

Your best way out of the lease is to cone to an agreement with the landlord, in writing, that satisfies your concerns.

Every apt I live in the next door neighbor goes into a tail spin. Aggrevating, you never get used to it. Turn the volume up
on the tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back