Quiet Enjoyment Noisy neighbor is friend of property manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroundtheglobe

I live in a large apartment complex where there is an on-site/live-in property manager. I began experiencing noise disturbances shortly after a new tenant moved in next-door to me. Upon confronting my new neighbor about the noise, I noticed that he had recording studio equipment in the living room. My attempts at compromising with him have been met with arrogance and complete disregard for the supposed "covenant of quiet enjoyment oulined in the lease agreement. Needless to say, the problem continues as it has for the past five months - parties and recording sessions lasting until the early hours of the morning.

I have notified the resident manager several times and have even talked to her superiors - corporate property managers and operations director. They started out sympathetic, but now ignore my complaints and do not return phone calls. They refuse to relocate me within the building but claim to have sent my neighbor two notices.

Additionally, and perhaps even more disturbing than the nuisance, is the fact that my neighbor and the resident manager are friends; it isn't uncommon for her to party next door. And, coincidentally, my neighbor was employed at and lived in the building last year for some time before he "left" (court records indicate that he was sued for non-payment of rent at the time).

I might be mistaken, but is seems counter-intuitive to lease an appartment to a previous tenant (and less-than-stellar employee) with a demonstrated history of disruptive behavior. Moreover, for the property manager/friend of the nuisance to grant tenancy once again to this individual is outright disgraceful.

I appreciate any suggestions for possible courses of action available, if any.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back