No lease

Hilary kirk

Jurisdiction
Utah
The house I purchased has a renter in that was told when or if he sold the property she would have to move we gave her 30 days she was to be gone may 31st and she will not leave. She has a violent history so the man who I purchased the house from is afraid of her. I know there is damage to the house that she caused since I looked at it last.please tell me there is an easy way to remove her hotel bill is getting expensive and I would like to move into my home

I have just bought a house the tent agreed to be out on the 31st of may so I could take over the home and now she will not get out. When she moved in she knew the place was for sale and that's why she would not have a lease she has had over a month to move but will not even after she said she would be out may 31st

The house I purchased has a renter in that was told when or if he sold the property she would have to move we gave her 30 days she was to be gone may 31st and she will not leave. She has a violent history so the man who I purchased the house from is afraid of her. I know there is damage to the house that she caused since I looked at it last.please tell me there is an easy way to remove her hotel bill is getting expensive and I would like to move into my home

You will need to evict per the laws of Utah. You could also offer "cash for keys". Offer a couple grand if s/he is out by X date. You wouldn't give them the cash till they hand over the keys.

Eviction - Utah Courts

One should make sure this sort of thing is handled BEFORE closing. This comment isn't as much for you (it's too late for that) as it is for others who may face a similar situation.

he house I purchased has a renter in that was told when or if he sold the property she would have to move we gave her 30 days she was to be gone may 31st and she will not leave.

If the tenant has a written lease, no one can order her/him to leave.

The former and/or current landlords could negotiate with her to vacate the premises.
However, that usually requires someone to pay the tenant to vacate the premises.
The current written lease should also be amended in writing and signed/dated by both parties indicating the compensation paid for her to leave early.

If, on the other hand, she has no written lease; the landlord is required to give her written notice that the tenancy will not be renewed. Such notice might be 30 days, maybe 60 days (or some other amount of time) to vacate.

If she decides NOT to leave, then off to court the landlord must go to seek a legal eviction.

There is usually a block of time to wait before the matter is docketed to be heard by the local judge. In many cases, a six to eight week period passes before the case is heard. There could also be certain delays, further allowing the tenant to stay in the premises.

I suggest you negotiate with her, offer her CASH for the keys IF she voluntarily agrees to leave.
Put it all in writing, and pay the cash ONLY after she is out and damages have been assessed.

You could also consult a local lawyer to assist you in getting the woman to vamoose.

that was told when or if he sold the property she would have to move

Told by whom? When did this happen in relation to when you closed on the property? Why did you close on the property without the tenant first being removed?

we gave her 30 days

Did you give her notice in writing that complied with the applicable law and serve it in the manner required by the applicable law?

She has a violent history so the man who I purchased the house from is afraid of her.

So what? You're the owner of the property. The guy who used to own it has no legal standing to do anything.

please tell me there is an easy way to remove her hotel bill

Huh? What does "remove her hotel bill" mean?

I would like to move into my home

Hire a local attorney to evict her.

Huh? What does "remove her hotel bill" mean?

I agree that it was written atrociously, but I suspect that the OP meant the following:

Please tell me there is an easy way to remove her. My hotel bill is getting expensive and I would like to move into my home.

Back