No damage found and unable to find who to give information to

Butterfly girl

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I accidentally clipped both a mailbox and a trash can. However it was unsafe to stop immediately so I pulled into the next safest driveway and turned around. In the time it took to return to the scene I could only evidence that I had hit a mailbox and gave my information to the owner. I could not by any means identify which trash can had been hit. Should I be worried?

Did you leave a note in the mailbox?

Go up to the house and ring the bell?

Drive off without doing either?

I suggest you go back in the morning and talk to the home owner.

I was unable to find anything that indicated which trash can got hit. I spoke with and exchanged info with the only person I could determined I had hit anything on their property. Should I just ask every homeowner along the possible stretch of road?

I was unable to find anything that indicated which trash can got hit. I spoke with and exchanged info with the only person I could determined I had hit anything on their property.

Good.

Should I just ask every homeowner along the possible stretch of road?

Maybe one or two if you have an idea where it was. Or when you go back to pay for the mailbox you can ask the homeowner if any neighbors had a damaged trash can.

I could only evidence that I had hit a mailbox and gave my information to the owner.

Ok...that covers you for the mailbox. Right?

I could not by any means identify which trash can had been hit.

So...why do you think you hit one?

Should I be worried?

About what? That the owner of the undamaged trash can that you may or may not have hit will come after you for the damage that doesn't exist?

Back