no contact order and the issuer is breaking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan

hello, my roommate has a no contact order files on her by her ex. they have a little girl together and he keeps telling her if she wants to see her daughter then it has to be him bringing her over. the last time he brought the daughter over she asked me to run to the store so i wouldnt be here when the ex got there. when i came home she had marks on her and later she finaly told me that he abused her.

my question is this.....what can she or i for that matter do about this and still let her see her daughter?

Have they considered dropping the child off or exchanging the child at a local police or sheriff station?

How about supervised visitations?

Neither one is supposed to violate the no contact order.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

yes they did that for a while. he wants to use the order to control her and her time with thier daughter. he wants to come to our apt to drop her off to be by her but still keeps the order in place. she doesnt want to get a order of her own because she is affraid that she will not get to see her daughter.

i would like to know if i can do anything about him comming to the apt even tho im not the one he abused? im on the lease here to.

There is nothing for you to do other than encourage her to seek a modification of the custody order that stipulates the location of custody exchange and who may conduct the exchange. Perhaps one of them has a willing family member who will pick up/drop off so they don't have to face each other.
This is quite common when restraining orders are involved.

thank you for the replies....from now on ill just make sure im at home when he is dropping off the daughter. i dont think he will try anything when im here and i can at least be a witness if he does.

From a purely practical point of view, one of the fastest ways to antagonize an already strained co-parenting situation is to have an uninvolved third party hovering.

It is VERY common in WA for the NCO to be amended to either a peaceful contact order, or so it includes a provision about parenting. Either that or as previously suggested, she needs to get the actual visitation order amended.

Why is Mom afraid she won't see her daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back