no common law marriage in Arizona, can she still take half my home?

paul123456

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I have been with this woman for 12 years, living together. She has 3 kids. We never got married and live in Arizona.

If I leave her can she take me to the cleaners? Take half my home/money? Can she get me for child support even though her kids are not mine physically?

I have been with this woman for 12 years, living together. She has 3 kids. We never got married and live in Arizona.

If I leave her can she take me to the cleaners? Take half my home/money? Can she get me for child support even though her kids are not mine physically?
No. Why would you think she possibly could? She should be getting child support from the father(s) of the children.

have been with this woman for 12 years, living together. She has 3 kids. We never got married and live in Arizona.

Never permit ANYONE other than your lawfully wedded spouse and YOUR minor children to LIVE in your home.

Your home isn't a flop house or a homeless shelter.

A person's home is her/his castle.

Wise up, King of Love, lest a misstep could end up destroying what your hardwork has built.

Always throw out the trash, don't allow it to accumulate in your home.

No to all of that. She's your tenant. Give her written notice that you want her to leave by a certain date.

Meantime, be real careful about what you say and how you treat her. In fact, I suggest recording everything that goes on between you from now on.

If she wants to get bitchy about it she can allege a fear of violence and get a restraining order. The police will come to your door and put you out of YOUR house and she and her kids will be free to do whatever they want to your property until your hearing. If you aren't successful in getting the RO lifted you don't live there any more. Yes, it can happen.

Depending on how things go you might consider offering her money to leave peacefully.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Hell hath no fury like a PERSON scorned.

That's politically correct but not reality. There is still a double standard. Men are perceived as abusers and women victims, even when not true on a case by case basis.

Have you ever been divorced by a hostile woman? They can do some real damage with false accusations.

I'll continue to babble "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

:p

That's politically correct but not reality. There is still a double standard. Men are perceived as abusers and women victims, even when not true on a case by case basis.

I don't accept what some call politically correct.

I choose to accept what is correct.

That said, I never referenced abuse and it's gender irrelevant victims.

You are free to use whatever terms you prefer.

I, choose to use terms in which I believe to be accurate.

That said, this is my TRUTH, political correctness be damned:
Hell hath no fury like any PERSON scorned.

Have you ever been divorced by a hostile woman?

I have been fortunate to never have endured divorce.

On the other hand, having lost my first wife at age 32 (raising our children as a single parent) due to her heart attack, was not an pleasant experience, either.

From what I'm told by people who have been divorced, the opposing party seems to be unpleasant, difficult, demanding, confrontational, and accusatory, irrespective of their gender.

I'll continue to babble "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

As Bobby Brown was once heard to scream:

Its YOUR prerogative to avail yourself of your 1st amendment right.

If I leave her can she take me to the cleaners?

Well...if you're willing, yes, she can. On the other hand, if you're not willing, it would be a crime for her to do so.

And yes, I understand this is a figurative question, but it's legally meaningless as such.

Take half my home/money?

No.

Can she get me for child support even though her kids are not mine physically?

I don't understand your use of the word "physically" in this sentence. If these aren't your biological kids, the only way you could be liable for child support would be if you have adopted them.

Back