No car tags& registration ticket, led to a FTA in court yrs ago that I dont remember not going!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmi

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
Got ticket for no tags. Was my fault, i just couldnt afford the sales tax. This was 3 yrs ago & I have no memory of NOT going to court! I would NEVER stand up our local judge, puposefully, trust me! In fact, didnt know I had FTA active warrant & now suspended DL, until just lately job hunting &finding out it was showing up on my background check, keeping me from being hired! This Mon I plan to turn myself in. Usually they give you a new court date. 2 questions..
1. In between now & my court date, will my warrant no longer be ACTIVE since its now ongoing w a court date, thus WONT show up on my background check?
2. Iv got memory problems, im 53 female. Anyone ever hear of a judge truly believing someone saying they honestly forgot to go to court and absolutely THOUGHT they HAD? AND being lenient or dropping it.
3. I know heel ask if iv NOW gotten my car registered, and im telling him (TRUTH) I sold it becuz I couldnt afford the sales tax to licence it. I now dont own a vehicle at the moment.
Comments or suggestions?
5. Iv actually had SEVERAL folks say to call, make apmt to see the judge to explain. The judge is an attorney but do judges still practice while on the bench? AND is it legal to make apmt to see him in his office? Would he say "confluct of interest" if i DID get into see him? Anyone ever done that before?
Help! I need a job & cant with this on my background even tho its a misdemeanor!!! Ridiculous!
Private mssg me if youd like. Im new, 1st time on this site.

1. In between now & my court date, will my warrant no longer be ACTIVE since its now ongoing w a court date, thus WONT show up on my background check?

You're going to have to ask that when you go to court tomorrow. There's no way any of us could know.

2. Iv got memory problems, im 53 female. Anyone ever hear of a judge truly believing someone saying they honestly forgot to go to court and absolutely THOUGHT they HAD? AND being lenient or dropping it.

Anything's possible but I doubt if it will be dropped. Might be reduced. Might be deferred so you get probation for a while and then get it dismissed. There's no way to predict that either.

Comments or suggestions?

Yes, two:

1 - Consult an attorney before you go in. I know, you can't afford one. Well, many will give you a half hour for free and you can get a better idea about what's in store for you.

2 - Have plenty of money in your checking account or have a decent credit card limit because you are virtually guaranteed to have to pay a nice big fine for all this (no, I have no idea how much).

Iv actually had SEVERAL folks say to call, make apmt to see the judge to explain

Those folks are obviously not lawyers, worse, they are idiots because the process doesn't work that way. You go to court, you get a hearing, that's when you explain things to the judge.

The judge is an attorney but do judges still practice while on the bench?

That's pretty much a "no" but who knows what happens in small towns. Andy Taylor was sheriff and justice of the peace.

AND is it legal to make apmt to see him in his office? Would he say "confluct of interest" if i DID get into see him? Anyone ever done that before?

There's probably something in a judge's appointment and procedural rules prohibiting that.

But you've obviously got nothing to lose by asking.

Is there a chance heel make me a "cash & carry" & ill go to jail if i dont have the $ then? Which i wont. Hoping for time pay

Again, no way to predict. But I'll tell you this: Talking about paying is not paying. Paying is paying.

If you bring some money to show that you are prepared to accept your obligations, you might get a payment plan.

Bring no money and the judge might see you as just another scofflaw trying to avoid obligations by making promises that won't be kept..

Anyone with that much of a memory issue might be suffering from early stage dementia or Alzheimer's. THAT'S WHY.
Youre rude and very unprofessional to be on this site. I did happen to have a cognitive test with a Neuro Psych just last week. Btw im fine and scored near the Mensa level. But if i DID have early onset, the way you said that to me, was very insensitive and youre an ASS. But im sure youvd heard that before. You dont know me or my circumstances. I have 4 children, grown that I deal with which does lead me to having moments of which i may not remember something 3 yrs ago. Play nice! Its not very becoming, the way you stated i needed to seek medical attention. You could have said it in more of a compassionate way. If i DID have early onset of memory loss, you could have KINDLY suggested that.
Peace.
JERK

It's not a question of not remembering something from three years ago - it's a question of getting a traffic ticket and immediately forgetting about it and not answering it or showing up in court.

It's not a question of not remembering something from three years ago - it's a question of getting a traffic ticket and immediately forgetting about it and not answering it or showing up in court.
Yea pretty sure this site is for advice, not lectores. Like i said you dont know me. I was going thru something. Amd maybe I didnt mention that I thought i DID go to court, and still do.
But thank you for no advice. Have a great life. And dont mssg me again.

For someone who's scored 'Mensa' level, you have poor grammar and spelling skills. o_O

For someone who's scored 'Mensa' level, you have poor grammar and spelling skills. o_O
Im mobile and also typing slang english. Theres no reason you needed to insult me. We are here together asking legal advice. Shame on you for jumping in on me when the convo wasnt between you.
Have a nice evening.
Ps. Im an English major. I KNOW what i said & spelled. I also dont have my contacts in, Im not seeing well & Im using voice to text. Lets all be in this together and watch out for each othe & , not jump at the chance to tear someone down, especially because were behind a keyboard and not face to face.
God Bless. Have a nice evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back