NJ traffic ticket 39:4-66.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcw78

Hi, I am a NY driver who receives a NJ traffic ticket. The ticket has a code of 39:4-66.2 ("Avoiding Traffic Control Signal or Sign"). I called the number behind the ticket, which is the court. They told me they would send me a letter of court date and time. Here is my following question.

This is the first traffic violation ticket I receive since I ever drive. I google the code online. It said "Fine or imprisonment not exceeding 15 days, or both". My real question is "will I get jail time of this matter?". or I can work it out by paying. I don't mind to pay double fine. What should I do? Help please.

Thank you,
:confused:

I am not familiar with the New Jersey traffic code but every traffic offense in it probably has similar wording. Traffic offenses in any state typically result in "a fine, imprisonment, or both."

Most of these offenses result in fines. If you can't pay the fine, the court will settle for sending you to jail. Imposition of both a fine and imprisonment is normally reservered for particularly heinous offenses (DUI resulting in the death of another) or defendants (don't question the judge's ancestry).

The state doesn't want to spend money incarcerating you for a minor traffic offense.

violation code 39:4-66.2

Hi
I got a ticket for the violation code 39:4-66.2. The court sent me a letter to ask me to come to the court. Does anyone know the maximun fine for this violation? I just want to pay the fine. I do not know why it makes me go to the court for? Does anyone has this experience? Please advise. Thank you.

Sean.

Hi, I am a NY driver who receives a NJ traffic ticket. The ticket has a code of 39:4-66.2 ("Avoiding Traffic Control Signal or Sign"). I called the number behind the ticket, which is the court. They told me they would send me a letter of court date and time. Here is my following question.

This is the first traffic violation ticket I receive since I ever drive. I google the code online. It said "Fine or imprisonment not exceeding 15 days, or both". My real question is "will I get jail time of this matter?". or I can work it out by paying. I don't mind to pay double fine. What should I do? Help please.

Thank you,
:confused:
Hi mcw78,
I got a ticket with the same violation code last week. The court also sent me a letter to ask me to go to the court. What happened when you went to the court? How much was the fine? Thank you.

Sean.

You only have to appear in court if you do not pay the fine in advance. Call the court and find out the fine amount. They will tell you have you can pay it.

Thank you, I checked the ticket on the website. It showed the fine was $0 and a note at the bottom

"This ticket is not eligible for payment. Please contact the court or refer to the back of the traffic ticket for additional court appearance information. "

Therefore, I called the court for more info. The clerk told me that I had to come to the court for this ticket.

I do want to pay the fine and get this out of my mind. I am being psychologically tortured by this until the court date. If I knew that there had been such a law, I would not do that. I just want to find out from anyone who had this experience, and who can tell me what will happen in the court.

I know that. My question was why it asked me to go to court and fine me. Why it does not let me have an option to pay it. I work in NYC. I have to go to work in the morning in NYC and come back to Jersey City NJ, and then go back to work in NYC after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back