nj final restraining order holding me back on leo position

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj321

New to forum so i hope i posted in the correct section.
Here is my problem and i hope someone can help.
Im trying to become a police officer and have been accepted with the exception that i have a restraining order removed from when i was 18 placed on me by an ex girlfriend that i had from the age of 13 years of age. I was never arrested and the court proceedings were based on that i was controlling and that i had gone after her boyfriend that she cheated on me with.
I dont know if this is a misdemeanor FRO or not because i was never charged as i mentioned. This was back in 1996 if this helps. Also im able to gain employment if its not a misdemeanor or if there is no clause in there stating i cant own a fire arm. But it doesnt state that either, they stated this is called something to the effect of cival rights holding.
Anyone please help i would greatly appreciate it. I would hire an attorney but anyone of quality by me costs an arm and a leg and i cant afford that. I really want this job and im 30 years of age now married with children. I have never violated this FRO and have not seen this girl since court when we were 18.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back