Nissan Dealer Forged Lease Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfc2

I leased a new 2009 Rouge on August 15, 2009. When I got home I realized I did not have a copy of my lease agreement. After multiple calls, and a month later to the dealership they faxed me over a copy of the lease, minus my signature page.

After being stalled for 2 months I never received the complete signed lease agreement, only 2 pages with figures and not the last page with my signature.

I then called Nissan finance and had a copy of my lease agreement sent to me. To my astonishment most figures were changed, but still adding up to the same monthly payment for 39 months that I originally signed for. The biggest change figure was that of my allowed mileage. The original agreement from the dealership stated 15,000 miles annually (which I paid extra for). The copy sent by Nissan finance stated only 12,000 miles.

Nissan finance told me that I must deal with the dealership over this. The dealership claims they do not know what happened, but that this happens often. I do not buy that statement. The dealership is now sending me a new lease and wants me to sign it.

Here are my questions:

Do I need the lease agreement from Nissan finance voided before signing this new agreement? Or will they just replace the new lease agreement under the same vin number?

Does this seem shady to you?
My belief is that they low balled my monthly payment and went ahead and sent Nissan finance the lower mileage (12,000 instead of 15,000). By doing this the dealership left me hanging 39 months from now to deal with Nissan finance for the extra mileage being used.

I am also concerned about the fact that in reality the dealership sent over a forged copy, by attaching my signature from the original to their revised sent copy.

What is your take on this whole situation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bob

What does this mean "this happens often" - that seems to be an admission of guilt? With regard to the lease agreement, technically you are correct but take a look to see if, in the fine print, there is information about superceding agreements. You may want to have that written in and initialed by the dealer that this lease supercedes the agreement made on x date.

My feeling is the same as yours. Unfortunately you are far from the first to suspect fraud on the part of the dealerships. The disturbing aspect is that, as long as cars are sold, the manufacturers by and large seem to feel indifferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back