(newbie)Receive agreement for reprensentation form after consulation

aircw2005

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hi friend in the forum:

Last week we wanted to consult with an attorney regarding our contract with a general contractor, as we have some disputes with the GC. We spoke with the attorney over the phone for an hour.

After a few days, we received a form of "Agreement for legal representations" from the form. We're confused as we don't specify that we want the firm to represent us in further legal actions.

I wonder if that's some standard procedure that if we spoke to a firm, then it is assumed that the firm is assumed to represent us?

I know it is a newbie question and appreciate any suggestion/advice.

Hi friend in the forum:

Last week we wanted to consult with an attorney regarding our contract with a general contractor, as we have some disputes with the GC. We spoke with the attorney over the phone for an hour.

After a few days, we received a form of "Agreement for legal representations" from the form. We're confused as we don't specify that we want the firm to represent us in further legal actions.

I wonder if that's some standard procedure that if we spoke to a firm, then it is assumed that the firm is assumed to represent us?

I know it is a newbie question and appreciate any suggestion/advice.

Probably it's binding if you sign it.

To know for sure, call the firm and ask WHY did you receive the document, as you are still reviewing your options.

It's simple. The firm sees you as a potential paying client and wants your signature for it.

You have no obligation but as a courtesy it would be nice to let the attorney know, by return mail, that you don't need his services at this time.

Just don't count on getting any more questions answered without paying for them.

;)

Back