New Style - So what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Many changes happening this week and next, especially this month.

First, I added this new style since I know some of you prefer a familiar interface. While I'm a fan of the other one, this one is very close even though there are still some minor touch up details to do.

Now if you like the other version, you can always use the style switcher to go back to that one (TheLaw Default 1.5)

So why did I make these changes? Well... there are many reasons, especially the matter of compatibility with upgrading the site (although that may take a dramatic change within a month as we may migrate to a new platform.) Some of you also prefer the familiarity with sites you've visited before - so it's all back to where it was, even though I think it's confusing and messy! :)

Let me know what you think of the colors. I had no idea what to do with the forum menu bar and grey seemed to drab, green far too vibrant, blue too... well... blue, and this seeemed to be the best compromise. It's a bit vibrant, like the logo, but I think it goes well.

It's readable, clear, and calming. Good choice, but it ain't broken, so don't tinker and fritz with things too much.

Aw does this mean we're stuck with the colour scheme and can't have unicorns & rainbows options?

Now I haz a sad :(

Seriously though - no complaints here! (And you lot know me. I'll complain :D )

LOL!!!! Glad to give you that option. :)

The challenge was that updating the software and keeping the "non-standard" yet much optimized theme (IMHO) was impossibly difficult. The option here is also to spread the window open as widely as you like, without having to feel "cramped" as can be the case in forums. I've been able to find the right compromise here.

The one last major change I might make is consolidating some of the forums into prefixes such as Criminal Charges being reduced to just that with the ability of users to pick one and be organized in that fashion. It's probably more efficient. I just need to get back to changing the states option back to where it was so that it is also required and easily visible within the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back