New significant other in custody battle

Kobek08

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
My gf of 8 months is going to court with her ex for full custody. My gfs lawyer said since me and her are not married then I can not be around her child. I had to move out of her house. He said it would hurt the case if I didnt. I don't understand how that is and now she wants to get married. She said we need to get married since there are pics of me and her child on Facebook. Also she is pregnant with my child now.

You didn't ask a question.

Whether to marry or not is your choice. Marrying now certainly doesn't change that you were unmarried when the photos were taken.
I could only speculate as to the importance of any photos or why the attorney suggested you move out.... Sounds a bit kooky to me unless you have some sort of criminal background that is troubling.
Are there stipulations in her current custody agreement that are causing a problem with your relationship and living together?

You didn't ask a question.

Whether to marry or not is your choice. Marrying now certainly doesn't change that you were unmarried when the photos were taken.
I could only speculate as to the importance of any photos or why the attorney suggested you move out.... Sounds a bit kooky to me unless you have some sort of criminal background that is troubling.
Are there stipulations in her current custody agreement that are causing a problem with your relationship and living together?
I could only assume so considering I don' know all the details. He has supervised visitation and her lawyer said she could deny him if he was with his new S.O. He also said its looked down upon with some nonsense about the bible belt idk but he' convinced it can throw the whole case. Her lawyer wasn' concerned with my background at all just another S.O. in general.

Her kids come first you need to follow her Lawyers suggestions as you work towards fixing that issue. If her Attorney feels this is issue then I would suggest it is.

Her kids come first you need to follow her Lawyers suggestions as you work towards fixing that issue. If her Attorney feels this is issue then I would suggest it is.
I just don't understand how i cant find any info on it online. But i havent been to law school lol. I agree her child comes first. Thanks for the reply.

My gf of 8 months is going to court with her ex for full custody. My gfs lawyer said since me and her are not married then I can not be around her child. I had to move out of her house. He said it would hurt the case if I didnt. I don't understand how that is and now she wants to get married. She said we need to get married since there are pics of me and her child on Facebook. Also she is pregnant with my child now.

You must decide what to do, based on what is best for you.

Moving out of her home was a smart play on your part.

Only a DNA test will reveal to you if you are the baby's father.

I wouldn't sign the birth certificate until a DNA test PROVED me to be the father.

It would be incredibly stupid to marry someone because it benefits the other party.

Marriage should benefit both parties equally.

You must decide what to do, based on what is best for you.

Moving out of her home was a smart play on your part.

Only a DNA test will reveal to you if you are the baby's father.

I wouldn't sign the birth certificate until a DNA test PROVED me to be the father.

It would be incredibly stupid to marry someone because it benefits the other party.

Marriage should benefit both parties equally.
We are planning to get married anyway
It is 100 percent my child

Not having read the current custody agreement no one can say for sure. You will need to ask the lawyer. My suspicion is that the current agreement has a prohibition against bringing significant others around the child, and especially allowing them to stay overnight when the child is present. That is not an unreasonable provision. That caveat typically does not apply to an actual spouse as it would not be reasonable for a married couple to live apart in order to avoid contact with the stepchild. It is however, a horrible reason to marry someone.

We are planning to get married anyway
It is 100 percent my child

You're free to do whatever you think is best for you.

You're free to believe whatever you wish to believe.

I'm just another internet clown, so you don't have to explain anything to me, boss.

Back